Can I stop taking Aldara after 4 wks treatment for BCC?

edexfed 14 Dec 2010

Obviously, consult your dermatologist first. In my personal experience, Aldara has had positive results for my BCC and was on a plan once a good "reaction" started from the cream, usually 1xdaily for a week, then 3x weekly, for about 2 or 3 months. I guess, when the Aldara doesn't maintain a positive effect (red and somewhat sore on the BCC site, then the treatment is probably over. Even though I thought it was much better after one month, I kept up the treatment. I am currently undergoing such treatment for BCC and will probably stop in a couple of weeks, which will be 3 months for me. Hope this helps...

hhawi 15 Dec 2010

i consulted my dermatologist to tell him that my eye is swollen and i bearly can open it especially in the morning. he asked me to stop the treatment that's why i got confused because when i checked in the internet they said we should complete the treatment of 6 wks. thank you for your answer anyway.