Can I quite speed with adderal?

krhill 18 May 2011

My husband has been perscribed Adderall since he was 15 years old. He's now 33. In his early 20's, he got deep into cocain and said he used his Adderall perscription to help him kick the cocain. But now he's still really attached to and dependent on the Adderall. He is percribed the highest dose (2 30mg tabs per day). I can't say that replacing one addiction with another (or previous) addiction was a great solution. We have been married for 3 years, and in that time my husband has continued his monthly cycle of intense use, followed by a 2 week period of recovery. Then he gets his Adderall percription again and the cycle continues. I've seen him go through his whole Rx in 7-10 days, he has made an effort to regulate the amount he takes daily better, but still he usually is out in a matter of 14-18 days.
I would reccommend finding a safe place to come off, detox, be sick as hell, and then never ever go back. I know, easier said than done. But speed is basically the same thing as Adderall. So you'd really just be switching brands, you could say.

Str8rutless 22 Jun 2011

Absolutely not. If you are addicted to methamphetamines than any amphetamine would simply hurt your recovery and lead to relapsing on meth.