Can I mix a low dose of xanax with suboxone and not die?

Rajive Goel 19 Nov 2010

The interactions reported are moderate when checked on the Interactions Checker:

Applies to: Xanax (alprazolam), Suboxone (buprenorphine/naloxone)

MONITOR: Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects, especially in elderly or debilitated patients.

MANAGEMENT: During concomitant use of these drugs, patients should be monitored for potentially excessive or prolonged CNS and respiratory depression. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.

However, please do check with your doc/pharmacist, be safe & well, wish you all the best!

Anonymous 20 Nov 2010

Hey Laroy, shouldn't that b LeRoi the king, just breaking the ice. U didn't list the dosage of ur subs os the benzo but Rajive was good enough to remind u 2 check with ur dr. most subs drs recommend U NOT TAKE benzo with subs, but some allow it. it probably will make u extra sleepy, b careful with any sedatives on subs and get permission in case ur dr drug tests, he may refuse 2 treat u if he doesn't know and has the no benzo rule. benzo r reported often to only take 3 or 4 days to clear out but can test positive for up to 6 weeks after last dose under the right circumstances. people who have slow metabolisms, are overweight or have high bmi will show + for longer than 4 days.

bebe522 21 Nov 2010

Yea, I just signed a contract with my new sub doc--- no benzos. I had been taking just .25mgs to help with anxiety. now i'm trying to find something else, thats why i have to go to all lenghts to keep the naloxone out of my system. I bought a bunch of herbal teas yesterday... chamomile etc.