Can I loose weight taking dulcolax?

Anonymous 12 Apr 2011

No, actually Dulcolax (bisacodyl) is a laxative.-

Important information:

https://www.drugs.com/mtm/dulcolax.html

Take care.-

Anonymous 12 Apr 2011

Not a good idea to take laxatives for weight loss! It could make you dehydrated, and very ill !!
DH, do you see my message, and are you getting notifications from drugs.com? I am getting nothing!!!
Yer old pal,
THead

DzooBaby 12 Apr 2011

It is dangerous to try to lose weight by taking laxatives. You lose mainly water weight which can cause you to become dehydrated and to lose water soluable vitamins. The best way to lose weight is to watch portion size, calorie intake and exercise. There is really no magic cure for weight loss.

Anonymous 12 Apr 2011

DZBaby,
So sorry, I almost quoted you!! I did not see your response, and may I add, you put it much better than I !!
Lara

DzooBaby 12 Apr 2011

Smart women who think alike!!! :)

Anonymous 12 Apr 2011

Thank you DZB for being so magnanimous about my plaigarism (sp) I will try to look at ALL answers before commenting! Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Lara