Can I eat oat bran and fruits with the drug simvastatin? Isn't a better diet the key?

Marvell 4 Apr 2010

Yes, you can eat oat bran and fruit (except for grapefruit) with simvastatin. Better diet is the key to good health ..however some people have high cholesterol due to hereditary reasons and even diet won't lower the cholesterol.

wanda ellison 20 Apr 2010

I take 40mg of simvastatin, and after a month, I started to swell up. I know it was the simvastatin.I stoped taking it and the swelling started going down. I see my Dr, tomorrow
I am not taking any of that ever again, does anyone know what would be safe for me.? that has had the same problem with it as me.

wd bakheet 16 Mar 2012

fruits ,vegetable and fibre are better with high cholesterol level except grape fruits are very good diet but the grape fruits may affected simvastatin metabolism and may increase dangerous effect of simvastatin like muscle break down and kiddney disease