There is nothing in the prescribing information to suggest that it is a problem
but if you are taking Tamiflu for the flu you might help your recovery by taking it easy.
What can be done to prevent or treat the flu?
* Avoid spreading germs: You can decrease your chance of getting lung infections and other illnesses by doing the following:
o Wash your hands often with soap and water. Carry germ-killing hand lotion or gel with you when you leave the house. You can use the lotion or gel to clean your hands when there is no water available.
o Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth unless you have washed your hands first.
o Always cover your mouth when you cough. It is best to cough into a tissue or your shirtsleeve, rather than into your hand. People around you should also cover their mouths when they cough.
o Try to avoid people who have a cold or the flu. If you are sick, stay away from others as much as possible.
* Influenza vaccine: Receiving an influenza vaccine each year helps to decrease your chances of getting the flu. The best time to get the influenza vaccine is in October or November. Ask your caregiver which type of influenza vaccine is right for you.
* Antiviral medicine: Antiviral medicine may help decrease the number of days you are sick. This medicine works only if you take it within one to two days of the start of your symptoms.
* Other treatments for flu symptoms: Rest and drink at least eight to ten (8 ounce) cups of liquids each day. Do not drink alcohol or use tobacco. Use a cool mist humidifier to help you breathe easier. Take acetaminophen or ibuprofen for body aches and fever. Do not take aspirin. Ask your caregiver to help you choose the right medicine for you if you have a cough.
- Tamiflu Information for Consumers
- Tamiflu Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 12 Feb 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 3 Feb 2015 • 1 answer
Hi , just curious will I be safe to drink alcohol 24 hours after taking my last dose of metronidazo?
Posted 30 Oct 2015 • 0 answers
Posted 1 Apr 2016 • 2 answers
Posted 27 Apr 2016 • 6 answers