I was on 80 mgs of oxycontin(,+ 1- 20 a day) beginning at 10 mgs 3 x a day 16 yrs ago and by march was up to 100 mgs 3 x a day a long with 10 to 20 mg of percocet every 6-8 hrs for breakthrough pain.
My Pain doc got into trouble and I and many others lost there pain dr. now I am on 30 mgs 3 times a day of MS contin and 10 mgs of percocet 4 times a day. I have had to give up 2 vacations due to I was unable to travel the distance, and now I have another trip coming up in a month 10 hr drive which s a 3 day seminar, in which I will be sitting through these classes. my sciatic nerves have no peripheal lining on them I have CIDP Chronic Idiopathic demylation polyneropathy,and cannot sit longer than 20 min at a time, I have to get up and move around a bit.
I had one Dr that had me on dilaudid 4-6 mgs for breakthrough for awhile which worked great. he wrote the script out for 1 to 3 tablets every 5-8 hrs as needed. I never did have to go up to 6 mgs except 3 times in a week when My nerves were so inflamed and I could only lay on my side since I could not put any pressure on my back.
so if anyone knows if there is a conversion chart I would love the site.
When I got out of the hospital after 14 month I was on 100 mgs of demeral IM for 3 yrs, however I asked the doc to wean me off I anted to try not to have to rely on any pain med. WRONG .He is retired now, and I cannot go back to him. so I was put on 10 mg by mouth at the time. it did absolutley NOTHING.
so if I can get a conversion chart that would be great
have a pain free day
dm