Can anyone tell me if lasix has any kind of sulfa base in it?

Kazamyst 4 Jul 2011

From my reading with the Mayo Clinic, if your allergic like me to say Sulfa Anti-Biotics you may still be able to tolerate some other medications. Here, I'll quote for you: "Keep in mind, if you have a reaction to a sulfonamide antibiotic, you may still be able to take other sulfonamide medications without having a reaction.". My Water Pill is listed too. And I have an Allergy to Sulfa. I do hope this helps you. So I would believe after reading your question the Answer would be Yes.

suzanne66 4 Jul 2011

The active ingredient in Lasix is called furosemide. Furosemide contains sulfa groups so there is a potential risk of allergic reaction. Your doctor will need to be aware of your specific sulfa allergy and should monitor you carefully if prescribing Lasix. - scroll down to Lasix description. free discount card