Can ambien cause sleep walking?

Anonymous 21 Jul 2010

Hi jackanne, Yes Ambien can cause sleepwalking. I have read that people have driven, eaten, made phone calls even, and not remembered doing so.
Be careful when on this medication.
Wishing you the best,
sweetlemon

barbles2413 21 Jul 2010

oH YES IT CAN AND DO NOT LET ANYONE TELL YOU ANY DIFFERENT EVEN YOUR DOCTOR FOR THE WHOLE TIME I STARTED TAKING AMBIEN I STARTED DOING WEIRD THINGS I DID NOT REMEMBER PICKING TRASH MOVING FURNITURE DRINGKING WINE AND I MEAN A BOTTLE AND I DO NOT DRINK I ATE MARSHMELLOWS THAT STUCK TO MY BODY I WOULD WAKE UP WITH A MOUTH FULL OF PEANUTS MAYBE COOKIES OH I HAD I GOOD OLD TIME ON AMBIEN AND WHEN I TOLD MY DOCTOR WHO WAS A PHYSCIATRIST HE TOLD ME TO GO CONFESS TO MY PRIEST. NO TOO MUCH LATER THAN THAT DID THE FDA ANNOUNCE THE SIDE EFFECT OF SLEEP AMNETHSIA WITH AMBIEN.I HAVE LIVED IT INFACT THE FINAL BLOW WAS I FELL DOWN 13 STEPS AND SHATTERED MY WRIST AND BROKE THE OTHER AS WELL AS TORE MY ROTATOR CUFF. IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY SYMPTOMS FROM AMBIEN DO NOT TAKE IT. IF YOU HAVE NO SIDE EFFECTS THAT IA A DIFFERENT STORY BUT BE CAREFUL.

Anonymous 21 Jul 2010

I would think that you could sue over what happened to you!
Hope you are doing fine, now.

barbles2413 21 Jul 2010

Thank you I went the law suit route and it got me no where. It wasn't even about the money it was about the neglect of the doctor for ot knowing side effects that could cause such an injury can you imagine people who have actually reported driving. Thank you for your comment.

Anonymous 22 Jul 2010

yes, When I was on it years ago, I made food and ate it that I don't remember. I wouldn't remember well doing something personal either. But I take it now it doesn't do any of that stuff anymore and sometimes it doesn't even work, I get immune to it.

jackanne 22 Jul 2010

Yes, I was eatting and making phone calls. I talked to my doctor today and we laughed about what was happening, but we also, realized that it could have been a serious event -like driving. I don't take it anymore and I thank God that I caught on to what was happening. What got me was that I did not remember doing something or how I did it. It was getting very scary. Thanks for your sharing.

barbles2413 22 Jul 2010

OMG the phone calls I would call my friends and kids all night and not remember I have taken it since and agree it doesn't really work maybe because I am trying to stay awake so I don't do those freaky things