Can a child use this drug to get high like xanax? I found it in my sons room and am quite worried?

christineATU 29 Nov 2010

Hi crewton. Unfortunately, xanax is often abused and people do get "high" from it. Please discuss this with your son. I know how alarming this information can be. But it's good that you found out and can take appropriate steps to help your son. Whenever a parent finds medications, drug paraphernalia, marijuana, it's very difficult to remain calm. Please try. Depending on your son's age, will help in determining the best route to take. I wish you the very best and will post xanax information in a comment shortly.

Anonymous 29 Nov 2010

The name of the medication did NOT come out in the post, please hit comment and list it. Or if you don't know what it is, go to pill identifier on the blue banner, click that and follow the prompts to put in the shape, color and markings and it will id the pill for you, then you can list it.

christineATU 29 Nov 2010

I assumed he meant xanax. I'll wait to post the info. I must have misread the question.

Anonymous 29 Nov 2010

I saw the words "like xanax" am figured they meant something else. I think people put a question into google or some other search engine, then it pops up drugs.com and they click on the name of the medication, but they don't realize it doesn't list the name of the medication when they do that.

crewton123 1 Dec 2010

Citalopram Hydrobromide
It is a pink oval pill with 0 6 on one side and an a on the other. I looked it up and it was an anxiety medication also.