Can a 4 yr old take seroquel and be ok? They put my grand-daughter on a low dose?

fortyseventeen 10 Oct 2009

I will start by stating I am not a Doctor. I do however, work with people with mental health issues and my own son has Asperger's. You allready have doubts and that is enough to have a second opinion. Depending on you grandchild's diagnosis, Seroquel is a new a sedative drug. I would get a Psyc. Evaluation done by a board certified Psychologist four is very young to be labelling with out several tests. Hope this helps. fortyseventeen.

carlton_sara 12 Oct 2009

NO! They are like horse tranquilizers

rbaylor001 13 May 2017

Seroquel will do the exact opposite of what it is supposed to do in about 3 % of the people who take it. Doctors gave this to my brother and Seroquel made him like super man! He was very aggressive and wanted to hurt people, He would say things that he would not say normally. He would not hurt a fly but this drug made him have super human strength and tore up a whole room in a nursing home. He ripped out the AC, plumbing, toilet, etc... it is a dangerous drug for a adult, I can't imagine giving this to a child! These drugs are not tested on children at all!