Can a 13 yr old take a 10mg flexaril?

DzooBaby 3 Aug 2011

If Flexeril was prescribed for the 13 y/o the Dr feels it is safe. If it has not been prescribed for him/her then I wouldnt give it, as the manufacturer states: Safety and effectiveness of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride in childrens below 15 years of age have not been established.

nyra417 3 Aug 2011

I would be really hesitant with ANY scripts for kids/young adults. I myself ALWAYS go online, check out the "possible" side effects, and then ask myself "does the benefit OUTWAY the RISK?". Just this girl's way of deciding whether or not to trust the docs & drug companies. I've done lots of legal documents/research about pre-patent generic drugs; VERY scary stuff and not all of the trial study results make it to the doctor if the patent is approved.