Out of bystoic for 10 days dr out of town found 2 tabs should I take until dr is back. Bad headache?

kaismama 16 Jun 2014

Yes, when is your dr back? You can't be going around with a high bp just because he took a vacation. Doesn't he have someone covering for him? We shouldn't have to plan ahead for our drs vacations. My pharmacy gave me a few one time when my dr was unavailable for a few days. Are you taking your bp? If its real high, go to the er. You can't be risking a stroke because he is soaking up the sun somewhere.

DzooBaby 16 Jun 2014

I agree, he should have someone covering for him to authorize refills and such. As kaismama said, often the pharmacy will give a few to get you by until they can contact your Dr. It is negligent for them not to have someone to take care of these kinds of things when they are out of town so there should be SOMEBODY who can authorize a refill or authorize a few pills until you can see the Dr for an appt if he is wanting to see you first. They cant just let you go off your pills for days and have a stroke. I also would advise the ER if your pressure is very high. The ER can give you a prescription for a few days as well. Try the office answering service first, then go to ER if you cant get something done!