Does butrans cause edema?

subzero58 1 May 2013

Hi onemomlady,butrans cause red bloches and you should never put a new one on the same spot twice. try to use at least 4 sights when you change the patch switching to a new spot each time. .But talk with your doctor if the problem persists. your question is very commonly asked here @ d.c... hope this helps you and good luck... subzero58

Chyk41 2 May 2013

Butrans causes breathing, gastro, and a number of cardiac and pulmonary problems but no edema. I would be very worried if a doctor gave it to me because of all the heart problems it causes.

marie436 2 Jun 2013

NoNSAIDs 4ME:

I have had type 1 diabetic x 50 years. I am unable to tolerate any NSAIDs because my prostaglainds have the reverse effect and causes peripheral edema, mild to severe along with pitting in my lower extremities.
I have developed Sjogren's Syndrome which is causing severe pain. I was place on Brutrans Transdermal patches but it also caused the same effect. It is also in the NSAID family. I gained 12 pounds in 5 days.

It is a side effect of Brutrans. I spoke with Purdue, the manufacture, notify them of my problem.