What will buspirone show up as in hair test? will it show up as benzos or barbituates?

DzooBaby 8 Apr 2013

No, this drug is not a benzodiazepine or barbiturate. Buspirone is not a controlled substance so they wont likely test for it on a drug screen.

allisoneisler 8 Apr 2013

i'm asking because my husband is about to go through a child custody battle and wanting to make absolute sure this medication can not be mistaken for narcotics. The mother, however, is on tons of prescribed narcotics. Just want to be safe in our upcoming battle.

DzooBaby 9 Apr 2013

From FDA info: Drug Abuse And Dependence
Controlled Substance Class
BuSpar (buspirone hydrochloride) is not a controlled substance.

Factfinder411 10 Apr 2013

It's neither but I would be careful about what is said about her approved narcotic usage. My ex tried that on me because I take pain meds and adderall. If she has a problem where she is doctor hopping and having stuff in her system that was not prescribed. Different story. My lawyer had it put in my custody order that I go every month and get my meds. So my ex couldn't use it against me.