My doctor put me on Lamictal about 2 weeks ago. I was supposed to start taking the medicine that day but my fear of new meds overcame my need. It took 2 weeks and a few sessions with my therapist to finally start. The first night was OK and I didn't feel any different, however last night my anxiety got the best of me. I am also on 30mg of Buspar and the dose of the Lamictal is the starter @ 25mg. Last night and this morning my anxiety were awful and sleep was pretty much non-existing. I called my doctor and she assurred me it was not the Lamictal that gave me anxiety, it's my extreme fear of new meds. Right now I'm so calm, a calmness I haven't felt in a very long time. I know it's "only" been 2 days but could it be that it's working or is it all in my head?
Is anyone else on these medications and how is that working for you? I've read mostly great things about Lamictal and I want it to work.