Bupropion - Can I take Effexor for depression & Zyban to quit smoking?

LaurieShay 18 Jun 2015

At the appropriate dosages, it is ok to take Effexor and Zyban. Bupropion is prescribed with Effexor for depression.

DoriT 18 Jun 2015

@LaurieShay, i stopped my effexor cause my pharmacist said they are the same n make sure i can take both. Stopped my Effexor mon june 15 and i feel angry depressed like cryin n no patience. Thought it was me cutting down on smoking but it was def not taking the effexor... thank you for ur time n answer

LaurieShay 18 Jun 2015

I would contact my doctor before discontinuing the Effexor. Did the same doctor prescribe both? You are going to have withdrawal effects from stopping the Effexor which is not going to be corrected by taking the Zyban. They are both antidepressants so eventually you may experience some help with your mood from the Zyban, but takes a few weeks to build in your system.