Is bupropion 300 mg XL by Watson approved by FDA? I see conflicting information in this regard?

kaismama 8 May 2013

They can't sell it if its not approved.

Recovery2009 8 May 2013

Paige,

Hi. This is really confusing for those of us taking Wellbutrin or the generic. The FDA has already taken the 300 mg XL that was manufactured by impax and marketed by Teva off the market. The FDA did their own study to see if the 150 mg XL was theraputically equivalent to the 300 mg XL due to numerous complaints over years. The other manufactures/marketers, which includes Watson were told by the FDA to do their own study and they were to have the results by march 2013.

At this time the FDA does not know for sure if the other generics are theraputically equivalent or not until they go through their data. They were able to contine to sell their 300 mg XL buperion while they obtained the results.

1 take the 150 mg XL 3 times a day and only take the brand. I tried to switch to the generic SR years ago and felt like it did not work as well ( might have been in my head)
Hope this helps.

Recovery2009

kaismama 8 May 2013

Life would be so much likes complicated if people just did the job they are paid for.lol