Buprenorphine/Naloxone - Does burpren nalox 2-0.5 mg sub cause bowel obstruction?

kaismama 11 Aug 2014

All narcotics cause constipation and that can lead to obstrution if you don't do anything about the constipation.

Sub35 15 Aug 2014

All opiate prescription pain medications cause constipation. It's best to take a stool softener because it makes your stool very hard and therefor very hard to go to the bathroom. Drink lot's of water as well. That will help soften the stool and make it easier to go.

Dmoney23 31 Aug 2014

I have been on Buprenorphine SL (without naloxone) for over 2 years and since I started I have been severely constipated everyday. I won't get into the details to much but it has definitely been a problem. I have had to adapt to it and try to take stool softeners, milk of magnesia and drink lots of water but this drug completely plugs you up. I usually have to wait 2-3 days until my body tells me it's time by giving me cramps and even then it takes me 1/2 an hour or longer just to push and I mean push the hardest I can which I'm sure has done some damage a few times my nose started bleeding because of how hard I pushed and that is just to get a few pebbles out. Just try to get out what you can as often as you can and watch your diet.