Bronchial asthma guideline treatment?

Marvell 23 Mar 2012

For a specific guideline you may need to talk to a doctor but the sort of medications used are listed in the link below.

https://www.drugs.com/enc/asthma.html

Anonymous 26 Mar 2012

It depends on how bad the asthma is, and what causes it. I don't get allergic asthma, yet my daughter does, and my son gets exercise induced asthma. Mine gets bad when I get sick, and it comes out as a cough. Needless to say, we all have totally different treatment plans as to what to do for the asthma. That really is a question for your doctor. If you can't afford a doctor, you need to write a bit more about what causes your asthma, if you have it daily, and how it shows it's ugly head. (coughing, wheezing, both, etc.) Good luck!!

Anonymous 26 Mar 2012

I have allergies & asthma that is brought on from the allergies. Usually it's just a Fall thing when the leaves ar dusty & falling all over thaplace, butalso was a smoker so one doctor thoght it could be COPD. I don't believe it is because it's more seasonal. Anyway I can't use inhalers because I am allergic to milk proteins. My doctor has me take theopollyine 200mg ER when its's really bad, & it opens up my breathing airways really well. There could be different reasons for your problem so you really do need to be checked out by an allergy or pulmonary doctor. They will give you breathing tests that measure how much, & strong you can actually breathe. Best to let a doctor check you out on this...

caringsonbj 26 Mar 2012

I use to work in the emergency department of the hospital, time passes and so many new ways of treating many medical problems have moved forward in such an advanced way that its hard to keep up, We use to get a lot of 4-8 year olds and especially at night, it seems if these issues are going to become more of an issue the later in the day the worse things get I think its important to find a good Pulmonary critical care physician, if it's possible one who has a pharm D on board they are valuable in keeping the doctor informed about new treatments and often they work right in the office accessible to the pulmonary doctor. just as it is with anything else what medication works best for one individual can be problematic for others, I think prevention and a regimen with guidelines that are formulated by you and the doctor are goals that are important. it's a lot better to keep things under control than it is to try and treat them once things get out of hand.