I have a bottler of .25MG ALPRAZOLAM that is 2 years old. Can this be taken at this time?

Stephen Treloar 23 Apr 2016

In theory it is out of date but truthfully, if they were mine, I would take one and see if it works.

chuck1957 23 Apr 2016

Yes Alprazolam does have a longer shelf life when you fill an rx at the pharmacy many times its a 6 months to a year override on the computer that puts an exp; date on the bottle but I have some back up that are at least 5 years old and work as good as they did from the start. As Stephen has said to I would take them. they have a much longer shelf life than what is on the pharmacy bottle we can shorten the date but of course we can not make it longer. also where you have kept them never keep medication in bathroom best in a dark place like in back of cupboard or dressor drawer. unless it is a medication that needs to be refrigerated. by doing as I said you keep them at a more controled steady condition which is better than in a bathroom where you get moisture from shower etc. Chuck1957