I have a bottle of the concentrate medicated douche betadine. It expired in 1998. Is it still good?

DzooBaby 24 Jul 2013

I wouldnt use it. They are not that expensive to replace so I would just toss it. Another thing I want to say is a woman should NEVER douche unless her Dr tells her to. Douching upset the balance of the vagina's pH and bacterial balance. It can kill off good bacteria which allows bad organisms to over grow. Douching will only compound any problems you are having. If you are having itching, burning, drainage or odor you should consult your Dr for a diagnosis. Rarely, if ever, would douching help. Betadine is harsh and it will completely strip the tissues and that will allow overgrowth of bad bacterias and fungi.