?Is boric acid good for vaginal infection?

DzooBaby 8 Apr 2014

yes, sometimes. I use boric acid capsules for vaginal yeast infections. Works better than any cream I know of. One thing about boric acid, it completely strips the tissues, so both good and bad bacteria are killed so you HAVE to reintroduce the beneficial bacteria to keep the bad bacteria from taking over again. A good way to do this is to put plain unflavored, unsweetened, yogurt up into the vagina. I use the boric acid for three nights then use the yogurt the 4th night. You can try acidophilus capsules but they dont seem to work as well as the yogurt and the yogurt is soothing to the tissues.

DzooBaby 8 Apr 2014

You should probably get a definitive diagnosis from a gynecologist first though just to make sure it is just a yeast or bacterial infection. Boric acid should help either one of those.