Does any body have an increased hunger with Bydureon?

Rajive Goel 13 Aug 2012

Extreme hunger or increased hunger is unfortunately a reported side effect of taking Bydureon, if you think its too uncomfortable you could ask the doc/pharmacist who prescribed the med to give you another med for diabetes.

Please take care, best wishes!

Anonymous 13 Aug 2012

Hello 7171964. I agree with Rajive. Added thought, a dose adjustment might help somewhat. Best of wishes to you, pledge

joelcr3 13 Aug 2012

Since on Bydureon I lost 8 lbs.My humger stays the same.I took Byetta 3 years before switching. Fill up with salads. Someone said adjust the dose. YOU CAN'T it only comes in one dose.

7171964 14 Aug 2012

Thanks for your help. Glad it is not just me. I can just get done eating a big meal and 10 min. later I am hungry again. I don't really want anything to eat, but I do feel hungry. I usually try to move around and do something and can work thru it but it is frustrating. Sometimes the hunger gets so bad I feel sick. I see my Dr. this week, guess I will see what he suggest also.

SUZAG 8 Sep 2012

I've been on Bydureon for about 8 to 10 weeks now. At first I was ravenous but that has seemed to decrease and sometimes I have to remind myself to eat! I've lost 16 lbs. At work, I have substituted snacks for crushed ice and that has helped a lot. I think I eat out of boredom at work. I have noticed that if I wait too long to eat, I start to instantly feel nauseous and have to get something immediately. I only test in the morning but that has gone from 250 down to 105, I would say that this stuff is working!