I have got bipolar - disorder and I was wondering how long it takes lamotrigne to work?

masso 8 Feb 2016

I also suffer from bipolar disorder and when I was on lamotrigine it took about 4 to 6 weeks for its full effect to kick in.
Be patient, this medication is used off label as a mood stabilizer and it is quite good, at least it was for me. As you know we all react to medications in our own unique way.
Best of luck.-

AmyJane123 8 Feb 2016

Thank you every day is a new struggle however I cannot deal with the negative and the effects I cannot let it control my life anymore

masso 8 Feb 2016

That´s the spirit, you must have a positive mental attitude at all costs and times.

AmyJane123 8 Feb 2016

Thank you

masso 8 Feb 2016

You are welcome.-

WildcatVet 8 Feb 2016

Hi, AmyJane! I'm Bipolar too ~ rapid/mixed cycles. I took Lamictal for several years and after about a month it worked very well for me. I had to stop it for another medical reason but I'd highly recommend you give it a try. It sounds like you're sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Best wishes, WCV

AmyJane123 8 Feb 2016

Thank you very much