Bipolar Disorder - is there a difference in treatment of bipolar 1 & bipolar 2 disorder?

Anonymous 1 Oct 2009

My medications changed to more meds that help with mania and sleep, and fewer antidepressants, but my doctor has always gone with the Don't worry about the label, that's just for the insurance companies. Lets see what works for you Philosophy. My counselor has focused more on comping skills and less on what is behind things, but that could be as much as after 3 years with the same team most of my underlying issues have been dealt with.

So there in no way to tell you what they might try. But I wanted to tell you you weren't alone in being confused about this

Marvell 10 Oct 2009

There appears to be a slight difference between Bipolar 1 and Bipolar 2 symptoms.

Please see the link below.

http://bipolar.about.com/cs/faqs/f/faq_bp12dif.htm