My story:
I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 disorder 3 months ago at age 51. I had been misdiagnosed for years. I was diagnosed with depression at 22, but have had depression since I was 15. I was also anorexic at that age due to a distorted body image, which I still have. I have been on many different antidepressants and none have been of much help. I completed a masters degree in 2012. My PCP prescribed adderall IR, which helped tremendously with my concentration, but due to its short half life, I was prescribed Vyvanse. Other than my recent diagnosis of bipolar 2 disorder, I have anxiety, hypothyroidism, ADD and insomnia. I'm currently taking fluoxetine 40mg, vyvanse 60mg, clonazepam 1mg 2x/day, lamotrigine 150mg and quetiapine 100mg. My anxiety and depression seem to be worsening. At about 2:00 every afternoon I have so much anxiety that my hands and arms shake and at the same time I'm crying. I am a Family Nurse Practitioner and I loved the job I had to leave. I could no longer concentrate or function at work. I had anxiety and depression almost every day. I have not been able to work since March. Prior to resigning from my job, for 2 1/2 years I had to go to bed when I got home from work and I stayed in bed the entire weekend. I was not able to take a bath for several days at a time. A lot of days I was in a catatonic state. I would just
lay in bed and look at the ceiling. I thought I was going crazy. I'm terrified to leave my house. My family does not understand what I am going through.
The psychologist who thoroughly evaluated me and diagnosed me with bipolar 2 also suggested the medications I am on, which my PCP prescribes.
Does anyone out there think Depakote can help me? I have got to get better so I can go back to work to avoid bankruptcy, however I'm also terrified about going back to work. I'm desperate. I need help.