I took Saphris last fall through this spring, and it helped AMAZINGLY to manage my bipolar disorder. But i ate--and ate and ate and ATE every night while I was asleep; or mainly asleep. I stopped the Saphris due to possible interactions with my Albuterol inhaler, but the benefits outweigh the risks, so I'm back on 5mg every night.

Sure enough, as soon as I went from 2.5mg to 5mg, that night I ate 4 (big) shredded wheat biscuits with milk and cinnamon sugar, half a loaf of zucchini bread, two cartons of Greek yogurt, a can of coke, and added milk to the cereal bowl so I could drink all the cinnamon and sugar.

I hate this--I feel like a HOG. I guess I made ice cream sandwiches out of leftover garlic bread and vanilla ice cream the other night. I woke up only because my fingers were stinging--i was digging the ice cream out with my hands. I feel like a hog AND a freak.

I had been taking Topamax to curb the binge eating, and it helped, but seemed to stop even though I'd stopped the saphris, so my Dr decreased the dosage down till I was off of it for a few weeks. I started it again, but it's just not doing anything.

Does anyone else binge-eat in their sleep? Is there anything I can do? I'm terrified of gaining all that weight back. I have bipolar disorder, anxiety, ADD, & I take Lamictal, Concerta, Fluoxetine, Saphris, the Topamax, and lorazepam as needed. The Saphris has been the most amazing medication for my bipolar disorder, I just need to figure out a way to stay in bed... and out of the kitchen! Stressing out over this is leading me to eat all day, this is a vicious circle >_<

Thank you, I know this is so long, I just didn't know where to turn, so anything anyone can say would be enormously appreciated!