Is Betamethasone- Celestone 600 mcg tablet safe for 34 weeks pregnant women?

kaismama 21 Dec 2012

It is a pregnancy category C, meaning the benefit should out weigh the risks. Any medications prescribed for you during pregnancy should be checked with your ob if he didn't order them. When my daughter was pregnant, she was given it because she was threatening to have the baby early and the doc said it would help the babies lungs to mature faster.

happybrandee 21 Dec 2012

My best advice to you in this case is to ask your OB/GYN. The doctor who is taking care of you during your pregnancy is the best person to tell you what is safe to take during your pregnancy. But I will tell you that if it were me, I would not take anything during pregnancy unless it is something that is necessary for you to take, i.e Insulin, certain antibiotics, etc. Hope this helps! :)