Best treatment known for GAD condition? Comments will be apreciated.Alcon 1502?

Marvell 20 Nov 2011

I think your doctor will be the best person to advise you on what will be best for you in terms of GAD treatment. But the link below has names of medicines used to treat generalized anxiety disorder and most of them have reviews linked to them. You may find these useful.

https://www.drugs.com/condition/generalized-anxiety-disorder.html

alcon1502 21 Nov 2011

Thanks for your comments to my condition. I been with this condition for over 20 years now and been trated with differents therapits. Doctors tried to hepl us but sometimes they far away from the meds. effects. i been in klonoping 2mg at bed time and ambiance for insomia, a low dosis of elavil,however anxiety affected me in the afternoon. I am an active competitive runner and that keep me fighting against this condition. In my last visit to doc. she recomended effesor er 37.5, but this horrible, the sexual aspect is affected.
However i hope some new meds. will help better to cope withis condition. Thanks again.

puckiemull 21 Nov 2011

Hi alcon,
I agree with marvel,speaking with your doctor about this is the best step,he/she can refer you to a therapist or good pyschiatrist that can asses you properly in order to prescribe you the correct medication that can help along side therapy to help control your GAD.
I can relate to you,i too suffer from anxiety and panic and know how disturbing it can be and how it can overtake your life,but you need to address this as soon as possible so you can start on the road to recovery!!
You are not alone in feeling this way,many people on site can help you through this and here to talk if you need a friend,but i would talk with your doctor and also reading up on the links Marvel provided will be very useful!!
Best of luck and take care!!

alcon1502 21 Nov 2011

Thanks you for your kindly comments about my condition. I posted to Marvel site and explained details of my contion. Your additional comments will be appreciated.

alcon1502 21 Nov 2011