What is the best treatment for intrusive obsessive thoughts?

Anonymous 5 Apr 2012

Hello Mare40. Thought stopping. Or "good" thoughts vs "bad" thoughts. Replace the negative thought, with a positive thought. It sounds simple but it isn't. It takes time, lots of practice but very effect. Its been used in psychiatry, behaviour therapy for many years. Regards, pledge

Mare40 5 Apr 2012

What I really want to know will they ever go away?

Anonymous 5 Apr 2012

I can't say. I don't know the persons diagnosis.

Mare40 5 Apr 2012

Maybe my psychiatrist will be able to answer this because he knows my history and I can explain when I noticed they started. Now that i understand what they are abs that im not doomed or crazy lol Thanks

Anonymous 5 Apr 2012

Pledge, I believe I answered her last night about being on Zoloft 50mg for this condition, & suggested she speak with her doctor about upping the dose or changing the med. Has been on this dose for 8 weeks. Thought you'd like to know... Mary