I am 31 y/o adult male. I've been on Effexor XR for 10 years since I had a traumatic health episode in college that afflicted me with GAD. Effexor has definitely helped me control my anxiety, but I feel like I'm missing out on life because of the emotional numbing. Also, the sexual side effects have made it rather difficult for my wife and I to conceive. So, this week, with my doctor's advice, I started tapering from 150mg to 112.5mg. After the 3rd day I began feeling some withdrawal: Brain zaps, a mild worrying, insomnia and a lot of fatigue. Now I know, withdrawal symptoms can be much worse (I once went a week cool turkey waiting for my prescription to fill), but unfortunately I can't take time off from work to cope with the tapering. My doctor says it should go away in a few days but I've heard accounts of people tapering the same 37.5 increments who have symptoms for weeks.

So, I'm wondering what the best tapering method might be to avoid withdrawal. Like the "bead method"? I'm not in a big hurry to pull the band-aid off, so even if it takes half a year or more, that's not a huge issue. Also, any supplements that might help? (Especially the worry/anxiety)?

thanks for the help!