What is the best prescription for overactive bladder with the least side effects?

MacIntosh12 5 May 2013

Hi vlavll,
I realize that you want a prescription med, but I've an excellent OTC med to recommend. You may have already tried it, but it's worth a shot if you've not. It's Azo Standard, which calms the bladder, even when enduring a UTI. It works great for overactive bladder, too. This girl knows the location in every restaurant and shop in my metro area! So I really recommend you try Azo Standard. You can find it at any supermarket or pharmacy.
I hope this helped, and I do apologize for not being able to recommend an RX for you, besides a med called Toviaz, IF I've got the spelling proper.
I do believe that the FDA has also released another medication for overactive bladder as well.
If I've time this morning, I will research this for you. But we have some very sharp women on this site that are pro's, who can give you more information than I.
Best wishes and I wish you less trips to the loo!
Lara

MacIntosh12 5 May 2013

Hello again vlavll,
I went (above) to "Drugs A to Z" and entered the condition of Overactive Bladder, here are the (RX) medications I found, Flomax, Ditropan, Detrol, Toviaz, Enablex, Mybetriq, Botox, Urispas, Sanctura, Oxytrol - I could swear I read that Oxytrol was going to be an OTC med, talk to your pharmacist though, Urotrol, Belladonna Tincture (perhaps homeopathic?), and Anturol.
These are just the medications I found, none that I've tried save one, Urotrol, which was a long time ago, IF I recall correctly. It was great, too!
Good luck, vlall,
Lara