What is the best blood pressure medication to combine with Oxycontin?

tara5survivor 9 Dec 2013

My pain management Dr prescribed Clonadine when I was weaning off OxyContin because although it is a blood pressure medication it also helps with withdrawal symptoms. I now am off OxyContin but take different Narcotic pain medications for my chronic pain but I am still prescribed Clonadine for blood pressure. I get a very low dose, only .5 mg but it does the trick. It has been in my experience that most Dr's give Cloadine as a blood pressure medicine to take with most kinds of pain medications. Hope this helps, best of luck. -T-

kaismama 9 Dec 2013

The problem with blood pressure meds and narcs are that they can make the blood pressure lower. All you have to do is be aware of what your bp is and talk to the dr who is ordering your bp meds about it.