I took 4 Pepto Bismal tablets on Friday morning and this is Sunday morning. Normal bowel movements have not resumed. How long do the effects of Pepto Bismal last?
For what are you using Pepto Bismol? Diarrhea? Constipation?
Tips for managing diarrhea:
1. Identify drug-related causes: antibiotics, magnesium
2. Manage symptoms with drugs: probiotics; pepto bismol (262mg/30 minutes; max: 8 doses/day)
3. Seek medical attention if severe or bloody, feverish, or lasting >10 days.
Diarrhea should subside in 7-10 days.
- Kaopectate Extra Strength Information for Consumers
- Kaopectate Extra Strength Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Kaopectate Extra Strength (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 3 Mar 2012 • 1 answer
Posted 4 Jan 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 23 Feb 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 29 Jun 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 16 Jan 2016 • 1 answer