I took 4 Pepto Bismal tablets on Friday morning and this is Sunday morning. Normal bowel movements have not resumed. How long do the effects of Pepto Bismal last?
For what are you using Pepto Bismol? Diarrhea? Constipation?
Tips for managing diarrhea:
1. Identify drug-related causes: antibiotics, magnesium
2. Manage symptoms with drugs: probiotics; pepto bismol (262mg/30 minutes; max: 8 doses/day)
3. Seek medical attention if severe or bloody, feverish, or lasting >10 days.
Diarrhea should subside in 7-10 days.
- Kaopectate Extra Strength Information for Consumers
- Kaopectate Extra Strength Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Kaopectate Extra Strength (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 9 Jan 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 7 Nov 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 12 Jun 2016 • 1 answer
Posted 26 Dec 2017 • 0 answers
Posted 20 May 2018 • 1 answer