Can I have a beer while taking cyclosporine?

Anonymous 3 Nov 2012

Hello pobri. Given the nature of the drug, it depends on your metabolizm. There are no negative or positive interactions if you were to have a beer. Moderation would be in order. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to confirm or get thier opinion. Regards pledge

Anonymous 4 Nov 2012

Did you watch the game? Real nail biter! Roll Tide!

Anonymous 4 Nov 2012

:-0)... you bet I did! (the gators just scraped by for a win themselves)-and "just" is the word. Winston is a handfull and says howdy

Anonymous 3 Nov 2012

There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with cyclosporine:

Moderate Food Interaction

GENERALLY AVOID: Administration with grapefruit juice (compared to water or orange juice) has been shown to increase blood concentrations of cyclosporine with a relatively high degree of interpatient variability. The mechanism is inhibition of CYP450 3A4-mediated first-pass metabolism in the gut wall by certain compounds present in grapefruits.

kaismama 3 Nov 2012

I would say it depends on why you are taking the med. If its because you had your liver transplanted, then of course the answer is no, otherwise there is no interaction.