Skip to Content

Bacterial Vaginitis - Is there a cure for vaginal vaginitis?

Responses (2)

kaismama 16 Nov 2014

Sure there is. You need to see a dr to determine exactly what it is and get a prescription for the appropriate treatment.

crm56210 16 Nov 2014

I already did and the dr told me there is no cure

Stephen Treloar 17 Nov 2014

See a Doctor who went to medical school after 1950. KM is absolutely right and your doctor is mistaken or incompetent.

Stephen Treloar 17 Nov 2014

From the good guys at

"Antibiotics are the recommended treatment for bacterial vaginosis. A few antibiotic remedies are routinely used and include:

Metronidazole (Flagyl) taken by either oral (pill) form or vaginally metronidazole gel (Metrogel). The oral metronidazole can cause some minor but unpleasant side effects, but is believed to be the most effective treatment. The gels do not typically cause side effects, although yeast vaginitis can occur as a side effect of the medication.

Vaginal clindamycin cream (Cleocin)

Tinidazole (Tindamax) is an antibiotic that appears to be effective in treating bacterial vaginosis, and may have fewer side effects than metronidazole."

I thought it would be better you seeing this from a referenced source rather than just an opinion.

Take care.

crm56210 17 Nov 2014

The dr said it isn't bacterial vaginitis it's vaginal vaginitis. Is that the same thing?

Stephen Treloar 17 Nov 2014

Vaginitis or Vaginosis (the extra vaginal is redundant) " "Vaginitis" is a medical term used to describe various conditions that cause infection or inflammation of the vagina."

This is a blanket term that covers bacterial (variety?) parasite (Trichomoniasis) or Yeast (Candida) infections. That covers the three big ones; all of them are treatable. Did your Doctor take a vaginal swab to send to pathology for testing? If he did, what did the report say?

crm56210 17 Nov 2014

It said yeast infection and vaginal vaginitis. And the dr also said I have pid. Is all of this curable. I'm so worried and scared.

Stephen Treloar 17 Nov 2014

The pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is a real issue as it is a bacterial infection of the vagina, cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes and sometimes ovaries. It requires immediate treatment as it can cause sterility if left untreated. Antibiotics are the treatment of choice but as the bacteria may be unknown they will likely use a cocktail of two antibiotics.

You need to see a doctor who understands PID as they will order more tests and perform a pelvic exam (from the outside). Your sex partner will also have to get treatment or you run the risk of re-infecting yourself.

It is curable; absolutely 100% free discount card

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions