Back in 2002 I had back surgery on my L2 thru S1, the surgery was deemed a failure because it did not all fuse. I have been in pain management ever since. I have been with the last one for just under 4 years. I have been on a dosage of 30 mg of Ms Contin 3 times a day, with a dosage of up to 2 Percocet 5-325 for breakthrough pain ever since I began. I am getting frustrated because (actually beyond) because they seem to ignore my compliants (which have only started lately). I only go every 3 months. I am almost not able to function due to the pain. I am unable to keep my house up (I'm talking light housework nothing major) wtihout intense pain or migraines. I have major problems doing dishes, yard work or anything including laundry. I am on disabilty and do not make enough to afford to pay someone to do this. I also live alone with very few friends in the city I live in. So undable to ask friends to help. I also have basic problems showering or just taking care of myself. I barely get through grocery shopping once a month. I'm not sure how long it takes the body, but I do know )especially with morphine--that the body does get used to it--I did work in the medical field for 20 years before I became disabled) I am not necessary asking for more medication, I am asking for anything to help with the pain, so, I can have some sort of life. Does anyone know how long it takes to begin tolerance of morphine, I would think that being on it for almost 4 years would be a long amount of time on that medication. I have another appointment on September 2nd 2010 and want to go in there informed and hopefully want to send a letter before to accentuate the major problems I am having just day to day in living my life. Even my dog dislikes me now! She has been with me for 12 years. I can't even walk her and often all I can do is pet her not even toss the ball or anything. I just do not think it is normal to be this frustrated and feeling so helpless. The only other thing I can think to do is to switch doctors offices and I hate to do that--Major problem in this city! I have had 4 other doctors who quit their practices! So, this is my 5 th doctors office! I just hate it. But feel sub human right now and getting more and more frustrated. Already so behind in house stuff that it will take years to catch up if I ever can.

Thanks ahead of time . . .

Here it seems that an office gets you and then ignores you once they have you or at least that is what it seems here or what I have experienced. Anyone have any other experiecnce with Pain Management especially if you are in Chattanooga TN? Desperate to live here and survive, but not doing that right now!