My ear, nose and throat doctor put me on Azelastine last week because my nose will tingle horribly for no appearant reason. I actually saw his assistant instead of him. It was my first time going and I was supposed to see the doctor, but didn't get to. His assistant kept me there for 2 1/2 hours because he had no idea what was wrong with me and he had to keep consulting the REAL doctor between his patients, so I'm already a little ticked off.

Anyway, I've been taking the Azelastine for about a week. First of all, it hurts HORRIBLY when I use it. My nose burns and my eyes water for about 15 minutes. Since I've been using it I have been aching all over and I'm so nauseous that I can't eat. When I do eat I'm up all night with stomach pain (and that's while I'm on Ambien). I feel like I've been hit by a truck in my back and my face. I don't know if these are side effects from the Azelastine or if it is a coincidence and I have the stomach flu or something. I had a bleeding ulcer almost two years ago. I don't want to take any chances when it comes to my stomach. I just wondered if anyone else had these side effects. Thanks