Is ativan prescribed for rls?

pamee 26 Sep 2014

Low doses of benzodiazepines may be used to relieve mild symptoms of restless legs. Benzos may also be used with other drugs, such as dopamine, opioid, or anticonvulsant medicine, that have failed to improve symptoms when used alone. They are especially helpful in improving sleeplessness that has not been helped by other drugs. Be careful with the benzos though as they are habit forming that happens rather quickly and shouldn't be used no more than 2 weeks. I suggest you make an appointment with your doctor about the best medicine for RLS.

balbanese 26 Sep 2014

Yes, among many others. For what it's worth, i suffered with this for 18 months as one of many factors of damage from extreme withdrawal. I found OTC Migraine tablets actually helped, my point is, while maddening, it went away all by itself, gradually, over time and many sleepless maddening nights, but it's gone. Beware, many of these meds are habit forming.

Acbduluth 26 Feb 2015

I'm curious which migraine tablets worked best. Excedrine Migraine? Or Advil Migraine? Or do they all work about the same for this?

Acbduluth 26 Feb 2015

balbanese 26 Feb 2015

It's switching from one to the other that works best

BarbEver1982 9 Oct 2016

Yes my Dr. gave it to me only problem is . It works well. But Drs.won't leave you on it long due to it being a benzo. I really liked it. It helped my RLS and help me sleep. I only took 1mg every night.