VERY LONG STORY- I SWEAR IT'S INTERESTING!

Okay so yesterday I went to the dentist for the first time in 2 years (due to moving, school, and a job). So for as long as I can remember I've been so scared of the dentist I'm 22 now and those fears haven't changed.

I was kicked out of a dental office when I was two and one dentist started yelling at me because I was crying and scared and wouldn't tell me what he was going to do. So I tensed up and he pulled a tooth without telling me and I swear by accident I kneed him in the head. So that ended up to me changing dentists of course. I went to this guy (this VERY old guy) for over 4 years and everytime I was in there he would say perfect you're fine. Randomly he shut down his office without notice so I went to a new dentist where they proceded to tell me I had about 7-12 cavities. So I see why he shut his practice down. I've had all those cavities fixed.

To to my question yesterday they told me I need to have a back tooth extracted, a crown put on, and a small filling to build an old one up.

The dentist prescribed me Ativan (1mg) to take an hour before my extraction and if I'm still freaking out he wants me to take another one while I'm there. What should I be expecting taking this?

I used to take Zoloft for anxiety I took 25mg the first night and got sick as can be. Do you think Ativan will make me sick as well?