Can Ativan be given after 2 hours of promethazine has been given?

scottishknight 8 May 2014

Personally neither myself, or elderly mum has ever had a problem taking the 2 of them together, without waiting.
Mum takes Ativan 1mg with the 25 mg of Promethazine, where as I take the 2 mg Ativan with 2- 25mg's of Promethazine at a time.
I now take Clonazepam 2mg twice a day & 25 mg as needed of Promethazine for my stomach issues, allergies, & motion sickness & neither of us has experienced any problems.

You do not mention the dosages you are inquiry about or the reasons you are taking the Promethazine, so it's a difficult question to answer.
Both will make you very drowsy, & mum says she experiences a wee bit of dizziness & becomes very sleepy if taking both at once, if she does not split the Promethazine in half, however I do not have any side effects other than dry mouth.
Since I am not a doctor, my best answer is obviously to ask your physician if there is any doubt.
Best of luck!