Aspirin/Carisoprodol - What is the difference between carisoprodol and zanaflex?

Sewlo 9 May 2016

From what I can tell, one difference seems to be concern for dependence on carisoprodol(Soma) so it is often prescribed for short term issues.

I haven't seen that same concern in Zanaflex literature so it is one prescribed safely for longterm use for people with spasticity from disease or spinal cord injury, etc.

Of course, there are some differences in how they work if you read their pharmacology but obviously they both relax muscles.

I have been on generic Zana for years for MS, taken as needed, on/off, without difficulty. It makes me very sleepy, which is great when I'm flaring up and can't sleep well. I can't take it when I need to function and stay awake though, which can be frustrating but any muscle relaxers can cause sleepiness.