Armodafinil - Can you take Nuvigil with Cymbalta and Lamictal? or do I need Cymbalta if I take?
- 23 Apr 2015 by jodydorsey
- 23 April 2015
- cymbalta, lamictal, nuvigil, depression, anxiety, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd), generalized anxiety disorder, armodafinil, chronic pain
Yes, you can take that combination and as to whether you will need the Cymbalta, I suspect you will if you are taking it for depression and/or anxiety. Nuvigil will help you stay awake which helps treat the depression symptom of sleeping too much, but in and of itself is not an antidepressant.
My mom was prescribed both Cymbalta and Nuvigil, and had to get off Cymbalta as Nuvigil and Cymbalta are contraindicated. Taking Cymbalta with Nuvigil makes Nuvigil less effective. Google it, it's how we found out! Who would have thought.
- Cymbalta Drug Information
- Lamictal Drug Information
- Nuvigil Drug Information
- Armodafinil Drug Information
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Updated 31 Jul 2010 • 4 answers
Updated 28 May 2011 • 1 answer
Updated 24 Apr 2018 • 12 answers
Updated 15 Nov 2015 • 2 answers
Updated 1 Jul 2017 • 1 answer