Are there similar drugs to geodon that are not as expensive?

Tonka8561 29 Dec 2010

Scotch -

My brother, thru his doctor gets most of his meds free (coz he is unemployed) - the pharmaceutical Co.s pretty much all have programs to give a portion of their products away to the financially compromised. Ask you Dr. about this, or at least to give you samples. Most doctors have a boatload of samples.

In my experience, different drugs work differently, depending on the person, so even if there were a drug "like" it,, it would be different. Boy that sounds stupid.

Good Luck

Tonka8561 29 Dec 2010

But, to answer the question - there are lot's of anti-psychotics, and many of them have been around for a long time - i.e might be cheaper. As to which ones, well, tho I have been on most, I don't know how much they cost, as I am Medi-Medi.

Anonymous 29 Dec 2010

Regretfully there will not be a generic version of Geodon after March 2012.-

Geodon is manufactured by Pfizer, Inc.

Fortunately Pfizer has Patient Assistance Programs.-

Quote from this pharmaceutical company.-

"Pfizer has programs that can help Americans without prescription coverage save on many Pfizer medicines, no matter their age or income. People with limited incomes may even qualify to get their Pfizer medicines for free. Call 1-866-706-2400 or for more information visit."

Please click on the link below for more information:

Best of luck.-

skii 30 Dec 2010

Yes u just have to get the right combo for you some times it takes a little time.I know tegretol xl works good for me but i have other drugs mixed with that & it didn't happen over night.You have to look up drugs,reveiws & then talk to your doctor about them.Then remember they take time to work & then you find what's cheap & what works.