The doctor prescribed it to me for the muscles in my neck.
Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride) is a prescription muscle relaxant. It is meant to be used temporarily to treat muscle spasms due to injury or other muscle problems.
Some general considerations for when and how to take this drug include the following:
* The medication comes in the form of a tablet. It is usually taken three times daily (although a less frequent dose may be recommended for elderly people or for people who have liver problems).
* In general, it should only be used for two or three weeks at a time.
* You can take it with or without food. If the medicine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
* Flexeril can cause significant drowsiness. The doc may recommend that you take it only at night, especially if you need to be alert during the day.
* For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Hope the info is of help to you? Take care, be well & safe!
- Flexeril Information for Consumers
- Flexeril Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Flexeril (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 26 Nov 2012 • 2 answers
Posted 16 Sep 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 29 Apr 2014 • 4 answers
Posted 10 Sep 2015 • 0 answers
Posted 29 Apr 2016 • 2 answers