Are there any narcolepsy drugs that are not potentially addictive?

suzanne66 22 Nov 2009

Traditional sleeping tablets include the benzodiazepines and all are associated with tolerance after 3 to 14 days of continued use and dependence. Newer hypnotics include zaleplon, zolpidem and zopiclone. Dependence is less likely but has been reported in small numbers of patients.

DadsWatchinU 22 Nov 2009

I think the question was for medications to keep him awake, not put him to sleep, and unfortunately to my knowledge there is not any available. If anyone dose know of some I sure would be intrested as well as I have been a victim of this animal for years. Sleep study after study and same results... and all the meds can be addictive and loose potency after a while so should be used as needed. Wish I could have been of more help... Momma N