Apremilast - Can this be purchased in Canada or Europe since it's not affordable in the USA?

Sida 21 Mar 2015

The drug is sold under the name of OTEZLA in Canada. It appears you could save around $20.00 per pill if purchased outside of the US.

My father has to purchase one of his prescriptions from Canada because it's so expensive in the US. The trick to the out of US pharmacies is to find a reputable one. He's been ordering from there for around two years and has never had a problem with them, plus they have never sold him counterfeit drugs. His condition is bad, and we would know within 2 days if he was taking faux drugs.

Ordering drugs out of the US is very common, but you will have to pay for the prescription out of pocket, as most US insurance plans and Medicare will not pay, nor reimburse the cost.

A reputable outside the US drug store will require a valid prescription to be faxed to them, and yes the outside the US drug store has called his doctor's office to confirm that the prescription was valid.

I will ask mom the name of the Canadian drug store they use and post it so you can see if they carry your medication.

Sida 22 Mar 2015

Affordable Drugs in Canada. I'm not able to post an address. Type Name of company. When site comes up, you'll see back to back letters "D", first red, the other gold, then the words Affordable in Red and Drugs in Gold. You'll also see an open pill bottle with gold and white capsules. As I said, mom and dad have been ordering from there and they have never had a problem. They may not have your medication on their site, but you can make a request, as mom did for Celebrex years ago. Good Luck.