Has anyone weaned off of paroxetine whole starting pristiq?

LaurieShay 17 Jan 2013

I have weaned off another anidepressant while starting Pristiq. What schedule does the prescribing doctor have you on and what issues are you having?

granny charlene 17 Jan 2013

I was on 20mg and she said to take 10 Mg a week with 50mg of pristiq... then a week of 5mg with 100mg of pristiq... then stop the paroxetine.

LaurieShay 18 Jan 2013

I think jumping to 100g Pristiq after ony being on it a weae is abit too quick, in fact, 50mg maybe all you need not having to increase to 100mgs. Just be aware that the Pristiq is likely going to cause some headahce and nausea for the first couple of weeks so give your body time to adjust. Another reason to not jump to 100mgs too soon.

granny charlene 18 Jan 2013

Thank you tor your input. So far so good with the pristiq... I am just concerned about having withdrawal from paroxetine. I have had two bad experiences trying to get off of if. I think the Dr thinks upping the pristiq will help with withdrawals.
..

LaurieShay 18 Jan 2013

If need be once you are down to 5mgs for a week, you can go to everyother day for 2 weeks. Just my experience.