Has anyone used the transdermal patch fentanyl 50mcg hr every 72 hours?

cutiepie8809 23 May 2013

Yes, I have since 2006 & the only thing was after a while I found that the medication never lasted 72 hrs. Lasted more like 2/2.5 days. I change mine every 48 hrs as perscribed.

owenseric69 23 May 2013

Ive been on it for 14 months and cutiepie is right it started not working the full 72 hrs but instead of changeing ever 48 hrs my doctor last month just raised mine to 75 mcg and it seems to work fine i still take norco for break thru and he added gabepentin also. But for me fentynol was a blessing it has really knocked my pain down to bearable it can be a little irritating at first getting them to stick right but once you get that down it is super pain releif. Hope this helps a bit. please excuse the spelling haha

lupine 24 Jun 2013

Even though the boxes say it should last 72 hours, my pain doctor( who was wonderful) prescribed me to changed my patches every 48 hours. I take two at 75 mcg... so i see now higher than most.
I never have gone up in over 7-9 years but recently did begin to have severe breakthrough pain. I have noticed that losing or gaining weight can affect your patches how well they work.

MaggieKay7 22 Dec 2014

The Dr started me off on 25 for a month, then upped it 25 each month until I was on 100. All every 72 hours